“My administration is pursuing a comprehensive strategy to address the full spectrum of needs in these communities, supporting both health and economic revitalization.” – President Donald J. Trump
SUPPORTING UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES: President Donald J. Trump is working to aid communities that have been disproportionately harmed by COVID-19.
- President Trump is committed to providing unprecedented health and economic support to individuals in traditionally underserved communities affected by COVID-19.
- The Administration is reaching out and directly working with leaders in these communities.
- The White House has provided at least 550,000 African American stakeholders with comprehensive, direct updates on preparedness, response, and mitigation efforts.
- The White House has reached hundreds of thousands of Hispanic stakeholders through conference calls, town halls, and virtual events to inform about our COVID-19 response.
- The Administration has held weekly calls with tribal leaders to assist tribal communities with response, mitigation, and recovery efforts.
- The President has also directed the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council to focus on underserved communities impacted by the virus.
DELIVERING CRITICAL ECONOMIC SUPPORT: President Trump is committed to ensuring that distressed communities have access to vital economic assistance during this time of crisis.
- President Trump signed legislation providing $60 billion in loans under the Paycheck Protection Program targeted to support minority and disadvantaged communities.
- The President is delivering up to $1,200 in direct cash payments to Americans who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and providing additional payments for their families.
- The Department of Education temporarily delayed student loan repayments, held interest rates at zero, and provided more than $6 billion in emergency assistance to students.
- The President signed legislation providing $1 billion to Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, and other minority serving institutions that have experienced hardship due to COVID-19 and continues to target funds to institutions in need.
- The President signed legislation providing $3.5 billion to keep child care centers open for low-income families and frontline workers.
- The President halted evictions on Federal Government-assisted housing and is temporarily preventing foreclosures for some Federal Housing Administration insured mortgages.
PROVIDING QUALITY CARE: President Trump is working tirelessly to provide underserved communities with the healthcare resources they need to fight the virus.
- The President is committed to equipping underserved communities with the necessary testing and healthcare resources they need to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Administration is investing approximately $2 billion in community health centers, helping their 28 million patients in medically underserved areas receive the care and testing they need.
- President Trump signed legislation to guarantee coronavirus testing free of cost-sharing, removing financial obstacles for Americans who would otherwise be unable to access them.
- $2 billion has been devoted to support hospitals with high COVID-19 admissions based on their Medicare and Medicaid disproportionate share and uncompensated care payments.
- To remove financial hurdles to getting appropriate care, the Federal Government is covering the cost of coronavirus treatment for uninsured patients.