Club for Growth issued the following statement in response to the report that the White House will pursue regulatory relief to reignite the economy following Coronavirus.
“Club for Growth has been pushing for regulatory relief in response to the economic devastation caused by Coronavirus and we applaud President Trump and his Administration for taking this important step towards the policies that will reignite the economy and get our country back to work,” said David McIntosh, President of Club for Growth. “By simplifying regulations and removing barriers to innovation we can reduce the crushing regulatory burden so our economy can grow effectively and quickly.”
- Read Club for Growth’s Policy and Polling: Reigniting the Economy and Restoring Jobs Through Regulatory Relief.
- Read Coverage of Club for Growth Leading on Cutting Red Tape to Reignite the Economy.
- Club for Growth is Assembling a List of Regulations to Suspend or Remove, Submit a Regulation for Consideration Here.
Club for Growth polling shows broad, bipartisan support for regulatory relief.
- 66% Support and 34% Oppose Congress giving President Trump the authority to waive costly regulatory requirements on American businesses in order to speed the economic recovery from the coronavirus epidemic. This has the support of 91% of Republicans, 62% of Independents, and 45% of Democrats.
- 74% Support and 26% Oppose the federal government simplifying the permitting process for infrastructure projects, removing some environmental review requirements that can take years to complete, and allowing new infrastructure projects to pay competitive, market-set wages so that they can employ the maximum number of people. This has the support of majorities of every party; 90% Republicans, 69% of Independents, and 64% of Democrats