MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Alabama State and Tuskegee have met the last three seasons but will renew a longstanding rivalry in a place synonymous with the two schools – the 97th annual Turkey Day Classic on Thursday.
The game is set to kickoff at 2:05 pm on Thanksgiving Day and will be carried on ESPN+.
Alabama State (4-6) ended a four-game losing streak on Saturday when they defeated Texas Southern at home and look to end the season undefeated at home after winning their first four games inside ASU Stadium. Meanwhile, Tuskegee has been off since November 6 after falling to Miles 52-23.
Series: Tuskegee leads the series, 62-37-3
Streak: Alabama State, W2
First Turkey Day Classic: Tuskegee def. Alabama State 28, 7 (11/15/1924)
First Meeting: Tuskegee def. Alabama State, 37-0 (1901)
Last Meeting: Alabama State def. Tuskegee, 38-31 (9/7/2019)
- Alabama State and Tuskegee have not in the Turkey Day Classic since 2012 when the two opened ASU Stadium but have met three times in the Labor Day Classic (2017-2019).
- The Hornets ended a four-game losing streak with a win over Texas Southern on Saturday and look to finish the season unbeaten at home having won their first four home games.
- Joe Owens, Jr. (Piedmont, S.C.) got his first start of the season on Saturday and responded with 150 yards through the air and a pair of touchdowns.
- Brandon McDuffie (San Antonio, Texas) was named the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Special Teams Player of the Week after a blocked punt resulted in a touchdown and recording a touchdown pass.
- Jacory Merritt (Montgomery, Ala.) led the ground attack with the first 100-yard rushing game of the season for the Hornets, while Christian Clark (Cleveland, Ohio) led the team in tackles.
- Alabama State will honor its senior class prior to the game on Thursday that includes 17 student-athletes.
FOLLOW THE HORNETS
For complete coverage of Alabama State University football, follow the Hornets on social media @BamaStateFB (Twitter), /BamaStateSports (Facebook), @BamaStateSports (Instagram) or visit the official home of Alabama State athletics at BamaStateSports.com.