MONTGOMERY, Ala. | After a five-game, 10-day road trip to open the season, Alabama State returns to the friendly confines of the Dunn-Oliver Acadome to face North Carolina Central in their home opener on Saturday night.
Tip is set for 7 pm and will be carried on the Hornet Sports Network.
Alabama State (0-5) and North Carolina Central (0-3) will meet for the first time after both being in the state of Iowa, dropping games to the Hawkeyes this week. The game is the first of three consecutive at home for Alabama State including Tuskegee (11/22) and North Alabama (11/28).
Tickets are $5 for all non-conference games.
- Alabama State and North Carolina Central will face each other for the first time in school history this weekend. The two have played one common opponent (Iowa) and have another non-conference game (Memphis) this season.
- The game with the Eagles will be the only contest against a MEAC school for the Hornets.
- Christian McCray (Las Vegas, Nev.) had a career night against Iowa on the road on Thursday off the bench. The junior scored 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting from the floor and is averaging 1.1 points per minute while also averaging 10.0 points per game.
- Michael Barber (Jackson, Miss.) grabbed a career-high ten rebounds against Iowa in the Hornets’ last game, joining Isaiah Range (Cedar Hill, Texas) as the only players to record double-digit rebounds in a game this season.
- Gerald Liddell (Cibolo, Texas) recorded a career-high 19 points against Iowa in their last game on Thursday night.
- Alabama State has faced three teams from Power 5 conferences (Vanderbilt/SEC, Iowa State/Big 12, Iowa/Big 10) so far this season. They still have games against UCLA (Pac-12) and Texas Tech (Big 12) left on the schedule this season.
- The game with North Carolina Central is part of a doubleheader with the football program on Saturday, with the game at ASU Stadium kicking off at 2 pm.
FOLLOW THE HORNETS
For complete coverage of Alabama State University men’s basketball, follow the Hornets on social media @BamaStateMBB (Twitter), /BamaStateSports (Facebook), @BamaStateSports (Instagram) or visit the official home of Alabama State athletics at BamaStateSports.com.