Returning Letterwinners (Key stats): Adam Sizemore, Jr., (Games played 8, Games started 0, 0.0 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.1 apg, 0.0 FG%, 0.0 3FG%, N/A FT%); Andrew Anderson, So., (GP 12, GS 0, 0.0 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.2 apg, N/A FG%, N/A FG%, N/A FT%)
Letterwinners lost: Michael Flowers (GP 28, GS 28, 21.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.6 apg, 43.8 FG%, 38.8 3FG%, 81.8 FT%); Tyreke Locure (GP 26, GS 25, 13.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 3.1 apg, 39.7 FG%, 33.3 3FG%, 72.4 FT%); John Pettway (GP 28, GS 25, 10.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.0 apg, 55.2 FG%, 33.3 3FG%, 63.2 FT%); David Walker (GP 6, GS 1,10.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.3 apg, 44.6 FG%, 29.4 3FG%, 52.6 FT%)
Newcomers (Yr., Hometown/Previous School): Jay Jay Chandler, Gr., (Katy, Texas/Texas A&M); Tyrell Jones, Jr., (Chicago, Ill./Auburn); Charles Manning Jr., Sr., (Riverhead, N.Y./LSU); Greg Parham, Gr., (Richmond, Va./VMI)
– The backcourt features four newcomers, with three transferring from SEC schools.
– Parham scored over 1,000 points in his career at VMI and was named first-team all-SoCon by the media in 2020-21.
– Parham scored over 20 points on 12 occasions last season, including seven straight conference contests in January.
– Chandler played in 110 games for Texas A&M before transferring to South and helped lead the Aggies to the Sweet 16 as a freshman.
– Jones scored a career-high 11 points against St. Joseph’s last year at Auburn and played in 18 games for the Tigers before transferring to South.
– During his freshman year at LSU, Manning Jr. scored in double digits six times and shot 50 percent from the field, averaging 7.9 ppg and 3.2 rpg.
Head Coach Richie Riley
– On the guards:
“This group of guards are the most explosive we’ve had in our time here. Their speed and skill will allow us to play with great pace in transition.”
Senior guard Charles Manning, Jr.
– On the expectations for the season:
“Personally, just staying healthy. For the team, we want to win the conference and make the NCAA Tournament.”
For more information about South Alabama athletics, check back with www.usajaguars.com, and follow the Jaguars at www.twitter.com/WeAreSouth_JAGS. Season tickets for all Jaguar athletic events can be purchased by calling (251) 461-1USA (1872).
Join the South Circle, the unrestricted giving option of the University of South Alabama Athletics. Contributions to the South Circle directly support all 17 sports in addition to various support programming. For more information on how you can join visit: http://jaguarathleticfund.com/give