TROY, Ala. – Following an overtime thriller against ULM to end the regular season, the Troy Soccer team is primed for the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Tournament beginning Monday at the Foley Sports Complex.
Trojans will open play on Monday versus ULM. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 1
Location: Foley, Ala.
Live Stats: Troystats.com
Live Stream: ESPN+
Overall: Troy leads, 12-4-0 // Streak: W4 // at SBC: 0-0-0
- Troy is 12-4 all time against ULM. The Trojans are on a four-match win streak over the Warhawks.
- 17 of the Trojans’ 18 freshman have seen playing time this season. Of those 17, 13 of them have seen playing time in at least 10 matches this season.
- Until the final match of the season, the Trojans had just two multi-goal scorers on the season (Erin Bloomfield and Ella Owen). In Troy’s match versus ULM, Nia Wilson found her second goal of the season.
- The Trojans have put up a hard-fought battle in every match this season. All but two match has been decided by two or fewer goals. The Trojans downed Alabama AM 3-0 but fell to South Alabama 0-4.
- Kate Eubanks saw a 46-game started streak against FAU after having to sit the game out due to a pair of cards against Jackson State. Since seeing the streak snap, Eubanks has been back in the starting line up each game since.
- Troy has remained tough to beat at home. The Trojans have only fallen in three home matches all season, one of which was to nationally-ranked Auburn. However, the Trojans have won just one road or neutral site contest this season.
- The last time the Trojans made it past the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament was in 2015, when Troy advanced to the semifinals.
- Erin Bloomfield continues to lead the Trojan attack with seven goals this season. The freshman has scored almost half of Troy’s goals this season.
- Of Troy’s 18 freshmen, only seven are true freshman (Alexis Agramonte, Johanna Biermann, Allison Worley, Riley Rojahn, Sage Prince, Caylah Williams and Nia Wilson) . Troy’s roster reflects the amount of eligibility left; therefore, 2020 freshman were retained as freshman.
- New season, new hashtag. This year Troy has adopted the hashtag #OneMore. The term “One More” is the Trojans’ mentality for the season and references the ability to take “One More Shot”, do “One More Rep”, “One More Sprint”. It’s a mindset to keep pushing yourself even when you get tired, that there is always something left to give.
- The Trojans will have four captains this season: Kate Eubanks (Sr.), Taytum Terrell (So.), Alisa Detlefsen (Sr.) and Lindsey LaRoche (Fr.).
- Troy returns nine starters from last year’s squad while also returning 83 percent of the team’s points, 77 percent of the team’s goals and 100 percent of the team’s assists from last season.