SOUTH ALABAMA VOLLEYBALL
Fri., Oct. 29 | Appalachian State at South Alabama
6 p.m. • Jaguar Gym • Mobile, Ala.
Sun., Oct. 31 | Coastal Carolina at South Alabama
Noon • Jaguar Gym • Mobile, Ala.
TV/Live Stream: Both matches will be broadcast live and available through ESPN+, and can be accessed through the WatchESPN app or the Jaguar volleyball schedule page at USAJaguars.com.
Live Stats: Live stats for every Jaguar match can be accessed through the multimedia page at USAJaguars.com, in addition to the Jaguar volleyball schedule page.
Twitter: Follow the official Twitter account of South Alabama volleyball — @WeAreSouth_VB — for news and updates.
• South Alabama owns an 11-7 all-time lead over Appalachian State in a series that dates back to Oct. 3, 2014. The Jaguars have won four straight matches against the Mountaineers after sweeping a three-match series in Boone, N.C., last season and defeating App State in straight sets on Oct. 8 this season in Boone. The Mountaineers’ last win in the series came in four sets in Boone in 2019. USA is 4-2 all-time against App State in Mobile, with the last win at Jaguar Gym coming in four sets in 2019.
• Coastal Carolina holds a 12-1 all-time lead over South Alabama in a series that began on Sept. 16, 2000, in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The Chanticleers have won 12 straight matches over the Jaguars after defeating USA in four sets on Oct. 10 this season in Conway, S.C. The Jags’ lone win in the series came in the first-ever meeting between the schools – a five-set win in Myrtle Beach, S.C., in 2000. USA is 0-7 all-time against CCU in Mobile.
• The Jaguars enter the weekend with a five-game win streak, in addition to a 10-game home win streak. South Alabama is 7-0 at Jag Gym this season, and swept a three-match series against Georgia Southern last year in Mobile to kick off the current home win streak.
• South Alabama enters the week as the Sun Belt Conference leader in service aces (140), and opponent hitting percentage (.154), and ranks second in service aces per set (1.65), opponent assists per set (10.56), opponent kills per set (11.39) and opponent service aces per set (1.06).
• In Sun Belt Conference matches, the Jags lead the league in opponent hitting percentage (.145), opponent assists per set (10.10), and rank second in service aces (62), service aces per set (1.59), opponent kills per set (10.87), opponent service aces per set (0.97) and opponent digs per set (13.62).
• Kennedy Wallace leads the Sun Belt Conference in hitting percentage (.389), and also leads the league in hitting percentage (.374) in conference matches.
• Kailey Keeble leads the SBC in assists (879), and ranks third in assists per set (10.34). In conference contests, Keeble leads the league in assists (431) and ranks second in assists per set (11.05).
• Maddie Soboleski ranks fourth in the conference in service aces (27), fifth in average points per set (3.64), seventh in kills (256), eighth in service aces per set (0.32) and ninth in kills per set (3.01).
• In SBC matches, Soboleski ranks fourth in service aces (13), fifth in service aces per set (0.33) and seventh in average points per set (3.60).
• Carissa Bradford ranks seventh in the league in kills (255), and eighth in kills per set (3.11). In SBC matches, Bradford ranks fifth in kills (135), sixth in kills per set (3.46) and ninth in average points per set (3.56).
• Rachel Hickey ranks fourth in the Sun Belt in digs (376), and sixth in digs per set (4.42). In conference matches, Hickey ranks seventh in digs (173) and service aces (12), eighth in digs per set (4.44) and ninth in service aces per set (0.31).
• Keeble leads the Jaguars with 14 double-doubles after posting a double-double at Louisiana last Friday with a game-high 52 assists and 15 digs. Maddie Soboleski ranks second with five double-doubles this season.
• Keeble has twice been named the Sun Belt Conference Setter of the Week this season (Sept. 28 & Oct. 5), making her the only Jaguar in program history to earn the honor multiple times.
For more information about South Alabama athletics, check back with USAJaguars.com, and follow the Jaguars at Twitter.com/WeAreSouth_JAGS. Season tickets for all Jaguar athletic events can be purchased by calling (251) 461-1USA (1872).
Join the Rally Score Club, the volleyball specific support club of the Jaguar Athletic Fund. All donations to the Rally Score Club go directly to support the South Alabama volleyball program. For more information on how you can join visit: jaguarathleticfund.com/rallyscoreclub.