TROY, Al. – Troy heads west to Louisiana for a pair of weekend matches against The University of Louisiana-Monroe on Friday, October 22, and The University of Louisiana on Saturday, October 23, with both first serves slated for 6 pm.
The Trojans are looking to bounce back after a mid-week loss to South Alabama at home on Tuesday night.
“We’ve been on the road a lot,” head coach Josh Lauer said. “So being on the road isn’t a new space for us. We got to get better offensively and find a more efficient rhythm. We are team that relies on balance and when we have balance were a tough team to beat.”
The Matchup: Troy (11-8, 4-4) vs. The University of Louisiana-Monroe (5-19, 1-8)
Where: Monroe, La. – Fant-Ewing Coliseum
When: Friday, October 22 – 6:00 pm.
Live Stats: gotroy.us/3AYyWXC
Live Stream: gotroy.us/2Z8eE0P
The Matchup: Troy (11-8, 4-4) vs. Louisiana (11-6, 6-3)
Where: Lafayette, La. – Earl K. Long Gym
When: Saturday, October 23 – 6:00 pm.
Live Stats: gotroy.us/3n4fJP7
Live Stream: gotroy.us/3pdEDhP
- Troy is 11-9 on the 2021 season and 4-5 in Sun Belt play after falling to South Alabama in a mid-week clash on Tuesday. Head coach Josh Lauer is now 68-69 in his career leading the Trojans.
- In the match against Coastal Carolina, Amara Anderson became the fourth Trojan in program history to surpass 4,000 career assists. Anderson needs 806 assists to become the Trojan all-time assists leader and only 21 assists to become the all-time leader in the rally-scoring era.
- Anderson is also 80 digs away from 1000 digs. Anderson would become the fourth Trojan in program history to reach 3000 assists and 1000 digs.
- Anderson averages 10.77 assists per set, which sits first in the Sun Belt Conference and 16th in the entire country. Her 808 total assists sit at 7th in the nation.
- Julia Brooks has a .290 hitting percentage which puts her seventh among all players in the Sun Belt. Her 3.20 kills per set ranks fifth to go along 3.81 points per set, good enough for fourth among all players in the SBC. She had a career-high 24 kills in the win against Georgia Southern.
- Alison Siersma ranks 19th nationally in aces per set with .50
- History: Cheyenne Hayes became the Trojan’s all-time leader in kills in the rally-scoring era during Troy’s 3-1 match win over Chattanooga earlier in the season, passing Meghan Gilroy.
- Hayes now has 1581 kills in her career and is 65 kills away from being the all-time leader in Trojan history. Earlier in the year, Cheyenne Hayes became the fifth Trojan in program history to record 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in her career. She also surpassed 1500 career kills, becoming the only third Trojan ever to reach that mark.
- Leading the Belt: As a team, Troy ranks first in the conference in kills per set, averaging 13.31, second in assists per set, averaging 12.36. Troy currently ranks 53 in the country in assists (12.36), 63 in kills per set (13.31)
Know Your Opponent:
The University of Louisiana-Monroe (5-19, 1-8): The Warhawks have only one conference match all year. They allow the highest opponent hitting percentage in the conference at .245. In addition, they rank last in kills (10.47), assists (9.41), and blocks (1.26) per set. The Trojans lead the all-time series 15-4 and have not lost to the Warhawks since 2017.
The University of Louisiana (11-6, 6-3): Louisiana enters the matchup with the highest hitting percentage in the Sunbelt Conference (.241). They also give up the least number of opponents blocks per set in the conference at 1.48. In addition, they are holding opponents to 12.0 kills, 11.2 assists, and 15.5 digs per set. The series with the Ragin Cajuns dates back to 1997, and the Trojans have a 12-10 series record winning the last two matchups.