TROY, Al. – The Trojans will begin their longest road trip of conference play as they travel to Arkansas for two of the first of four consecutive games on the road as they match up against Little Rock Friday and Arkansas St. on Saturday. Both serves are slated for 6 p.m.
“This is a crucial weekend,” head coach Josh Lauer said. “Both Little Rock and Arkansas State are well-coached and are playing good volleyball. We worked hard this week to be more efficient offensively, and we are expecting both matches this weekend to be very competitive.”
The Matchup: Troy (8-5, 1-1) vs. Little Rock (10-4, 1-1)
Where: Little Rock, Ark. – Jack Stephens Center
When: Friday, Oct. 1 – 6:00 p.m.
Live Stats: gotroy.us/3zRbafy
Live Stream: gotroy.us/3ASTAsU
The Matchup: Troy (8-5) vs. Arkansas St. (10-4, 1-1)
Where: Jonesboro, Ark. – First National Bank Arena
When: Saturday, Oct. 2 – 6:00 p.m.
Live Stats: gotroy.us/3kSogVF
Live Stream: gotroy.us/3ooDlAt
- Amara Anderson moved into fourth all-time in program history this season and second during the Rally Scoring era with 3886 assists. She is also 138 digs away from 1000 digs. Anderson would become the fourth Trojan in program history to reach 3000 assists and 1000 digs.
- Anderson averages 11.04 assists per set, which sits first in the Sun Belt Conference and 12th in the entire country. Her 530 total assists sit at 18th in the nation.
- Julia Brooks has a .307 hitting percentage which puts her seventh among all players in the Sun Belt. Her 3.10 kills are ninth to go along 3.59 points per set at eighth among all players in the SBC.
- In the rally-scoring era, Cheyenne Hayes became the Trojan’s all-time leader in kills during Troy’s 3-1 match win over Chattanooga earlier in the season. Hayes passed Meghan Gilroy. Hayes now has 1511 kills in her career and is 133 kills away from being the all-time leader in Trojan history. Earlier in the year, Tory Cheyenne Hayes became the fifth Trojan in program history to record 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in her career.
- Hayes matched her season-high of 17 kills coming against Texas State. She also led the Trojans with 12 kills and a .321 hitting percentage against UT Arlington. With 29 kills in the opening weekend of conference play, Hayes has surpassed 1500 career kills, becoming the only third Trojan ever to reach that mark.
- Troy ranks first in assists per set as a team, averaging 12.54 in the Sun Belt Conference. Troy currently ranks 37th in the country in assists (12.54), 51 in kills per set (13.50), and 103 in the country in hitting percentage (.227)
Know Your Opponent:
Little Rock (10-4, 1-1): Little Rock opened the 2021 Sun Belt season with a loss to Coastal Carolina and a win against Appalachian State. The Trojans give up the lowest opponent hitting percentage (.152), opponent assists (9.94), opponent kills (10.59), and opponent service aces (.94). Little Rock is second behind Troy in assist per set (12.53). Outside Hitter Lauren Jansen averages 11.71 attacks per set, which is 26th in the country.
Arkansas St. (10-4, 1-1): The Red Wolves also got off to a 1-1 start to begin Sun Belt competition-beating Appalachian St. in straight sets and falling to Coastal Carolina. Arkansas St. is the number one team in the country in team digs, with 1,011 on the season. As a team, they have 701 assists putting them in ninth They have 751 kills on the season, which puts them at 13th in the nation.