SOUTH ALABAMA VOLLEYBALL
Fri., Oct. 15 | Georgia State at South Alabama
6 p.m. • Jag Gym • Mobile, Ala.
Sat., Oct. 16 | Georgia Southern at South Alabama
6 p.m. • Jag Gym • Mobile, Ala.
TV/Live Stream: Both matches will be broadcast live and available through ESPN+, and can be accessed through the WatchESPN app or via link through the Jaguar volleyball schedule page.
Live Stats: Live stats for every Jaguar match can be accessed through the multimedia page at USAJaguars.com, in addition to the Jaguar volleyball schedule page.
Twitter: Follow the official Twitter account of South Alabama volleyball — @WeAreSouth_VB — for news and updates.
• South Alabama owns a 13-8 all-time lead over Georgia State in a series that began on Oct. 9, 1976, in Columbus, Ga. The Panthers carry a three-game series win streak into Friday’s contest after sweeping a three-match series in Atlanta last year. USA’s last win over GSU came Oct. 26, 2019, in Mobile, which came in straight sets. South Alabama is 7-0 all-time against Georgia State in Jag Gym.
• USA holds a 10-7 all-time lead over Georgia Southern in a series that dates back to Sept. 16, 2010. The Jaguars carry a six-game series win streak into Saturday’s contest with the Eagles after sweeping Georgia Southern in last year’s three-match series in Mobile. The Eagles’ last win in the series came in a five-set victory in Mobile on Sept. 28, 2018.
• South Alabama carries an eight-game home win streak, which dates back to last season, into the weekend. The Jags have not lost a set in Jag Gym this season, and swept its only two home conference matches thus far.
• South Alabama ranks second in the Sun Belt Conference in opponent hitting percentage (.153), which ranks 22nd nationally, third in opponent service aces per set (1.11) and opponent assists per set (10.73) and fourth in hitting percentage (.218).
• In Sun Belt Conference matches, USA ranks second in the league in opponent hitting percentage (.132), opponent assists per set (10.20) and opponent kills per set (11.35).
• Kennedy Wallace leads the Sun Belt in hitting percentage (.385). Wallace ranks third in hitting percentage (.344) in SBC contests.
• Kailey Keeble ranks second in the conference in assists (665) and assists per set (10.08). Keeble also ranks second in assists per set (10.85) in SBC matches.
• Niki Capizzi ranks third in the league in total blocks (59), and fifth in blocks per set (1.02). She ranks eighth in blocks per set (1.15) in Sun Belt matches.
• Rachel Hickey ranks fifth in the SBC in total digs (293), and sixth in digs per set (4.44). She ranks 10th in digs per set (4.50) in league matches.
• Maddie Soboleski ranks fourth in the conference in total points (243), fifth in points per set (3.68) and kills (206), and eighth in kills per set (3.12).
• Carissa Bradford ranks seventh in the Sun Belt in total kills (189), and ninth in kills per set (3.00). In conference matches, she ranks eighth in kills (69) and kills per set (3.45).
• Keeble leads the Jaguars with 12 double-doubles, and has recorded a double-double in five of her last six matches dating back to Sept. 24 against UT Arlington. Maddie Soboleski ranks second with five double-doubles this season.
• Keeble has twice been named the Sun Belt Conference Setter of the Week this season (Sept. 28 & Oct. 5), making her the only Jaguar in program history to earn the honor multiple times.
• In her last four matches, which spans 13 sets, Bradford has recorded 50 kills for an average of 3.85 kills per set. She has posted double-digit kill totals in three of four matches in that stretch.
• Hickey has recorded 10 or more digs in 17 of 18 matches this season, with the lone blemish coming on Sept. 24 against UT Arlington when she finished with four digs in three sets.
For more information about South Alabama athletics, check back with USAJaguars.com, and follow the Jaguars at Twitter.com/WeAreSouth_JAGS. Season tickets for all Jaguar athletic events can be purchased by calling (251) 461-1USA (1872).
Join the Rally Score Club, the volleyball specific support club of the Jaguar Athletic Fund. All donations to the Rally Score Club go directly to support the South Alabama volleyball program. For more information on how you can join visit: jaguarathleticfund.com/rallyscoreclub.