TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama football’s Will Anderson Jr., Christian Harris and Evan Neal were selected as semifinalists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, the Rotary Club of Houston announced on Wednesday.
The trio of Crimson Tide student-athletes are part of a group of 12 semifinalists up for the award. Alabama has had two Lombardi winners in program history including Cornelius Bennett (1986) and Jonathan Allen (2016).
- Leads the SEC and ranks third nationally in tackles for loss with 11 (-37 yards)
- Accumulated 39 total tackles, including three sacks (-20 yards), while adding four quarterback hurries
- Named one of the Crimson Tide coaching staff’s defensive players of the week in four games this season
- Alabama’s starter at will linebacker who has seen time in all 32 games of his UA career, including 31 starts
- Totaled 31 tackles with five for loss (-12 yards)
- Also contributed one sack (-4 yards) to go with a quarterback hurry and one pass breakup
Offensive Lineman, Junior
- Started all 32 games of his Crimson Tide career since stepping foot on campus in 2019
- Anchors an Alabama offensive front that is providing time for the nation’s No. 6 scoring offense (44.3 ppg) and No. 17 passing offense (310.8 ypg)
- Allowed only one sack across 206 dropbacks this season while not committing a penalty across his 415 total snaps
The Rotary Lombardi Award has been presented annually since 1970 to the college football offensive or defensive lineman, who in addition to outstanding performance and ability, best exemplifies the character and discipline of NFL Hall of Famer Vince Lombardi. Finalists for the Lombardi Award will be announced on Nov. 9 with the 2022 winner being named on Dec. 8 in Houston, Texas.
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.