LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The University of South Alabama volleyball team defeated Little Rock in straight sets (25-21, 25-21, 25-18) Saturday in Sun Belt Conference action at Jack Stephens Center.
South Alabama (11-5, 4-0 SBC) remained perfect in league play with the win, which marked the Jaguars’ fourth straight in SBC contests. Carissa Bradford tied her career high with 18 kills, and posted a .359 hitting percentage to lead the Jaguar attack. Kailey Keeble recorded her 11th double-double of the season with 44 assists and 13 digs, and Maddie Soboleski recorded her fifth double-double with 13 kills and 15 digs.
– A kill by Kennedy Wallace and consecutive kills from Soboleski accounted for a 3-0 Jaguar scoring run that gave USA an early 4-1 lead.
– Little Rock used a 3-0 run that was aided by a pair of USA attack errors to tie the score 5-5.
– The Jags responded with a 4-0 run, highlighted by kills from Niki Capizzi and Bradford, for a 9-5 advantage.
– USA pushed its lead to 12-7 after a pair of kills by Bradford and a kill by Wallace.
– The Trojans took a 14-13 lead with a 5-0 run that featured a pair of service aces.
– Little Rock held a two-point lead at 17-15 after a block, but USA responded with a 5-0 run that was aided by three straight Trojan attack errors for a 20-17 lead.
– The Jags earned set point at 24-20 on a kill by Bradford, and clinched the set 25-21 on a kill by Bradford for a 1-0 lead in the match.
– A Jaguar service error cut the USA lead to 12-11, but a Trojan bad set, attack error and block-assist by Capizzi and Keeble gave South Alabama a 15-11 advantage.
– USA used a 3-0 run that featured kills from Bradford, Soboleski and Hannah Maddux to take a 22-17 lead.
– South Alabama earned set point at 24-20 on a kill by Soboleski, and clinched the set 25-21 on a kill by Maddux to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
– USA took a 5-1 lead after a 5-0 run that included a pair of kills by Soboleski and one kill from Capizzi.
– A 4-0 Jag run that featured kills by Maddux, Soboleski and Keeble pushed the USA advantage to 9-3.
– South Alabama answered a 3-0 Little Rock run with its own 3-0 run, highlighted by kills from Soboleski and Bradford, to take a 12-7 lead.
– The Trojans used a 4-0 run to cut the Jag lead to 14-12.
– Little Rock cut the Jag lead to 19-18 on a kill by Laura Jansen, but South Alabama answered with a 6-0 run to close out the match, earning set point at 24-18 on kill by Bradford and clinching the set 25-18 on a Trojan attack error.
– Keeble recorded her team-leading 11th double-double of the season, finishing with a game-high 44 assists and 13 digs, along with two kills and three block-assists.
– Bradford tied her career high in kills with 18, and posted a .359 hitting percentage while adding one dig, one solo block and one block-assist.
– Soboleski recorded her fifth double-double of the season, finishing with 13 kills and 15 digs along with two assists.
– Rachel Hickey finished with a game-high 25 digs, and also added one assist.
– The win marked the Jags fourth straight victory, and marks the best start to league play since a 9-0 start in 2017.
South Alabama will return to action Fri., Oct. 9, when it faces Appalachian State at 5:30 p.m. (CT) in a Sun Belt Conference East Division contest in Boone, N.C.
For more information about South Alabama athletics, check back with USAJaguars.com, and follow the Jaguars at Twitter.com/WeAreSouth_JAGS. Season tickets for all Jaguar athletic events can be purchased by calling (251) 461-1USA (1872).
Join the Rally Score Club, the volleyball specific support club of the Jaguar Athletic Fund. All donations to the Rally Score Club go directly to support the South Alabama volleyball program. For more information on how you can join visit: jaguarathleticfund.com/rallyscoreclub.