TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama football’s Will Anderson Jr. and Brian Robinson Jr. each earned weekly awards from the Maxwell Football Club, the organization announced on Tuesday morning. Anderson Jr. was named the Bednarik Player of the Week while Robinson Jr. was selected as the Maxwell Award Player of the Week.
Bednarik Player of the Week
- Posted a career-high tying nine tackles, including 2.5 for loss (-9 yards) and one sack (-6 yards)
- Added two quarterback hurries as he spent the night in the Ole Miss backfield
- The 2.5 tackles for loss pushed his season total to 11.0 (-37 yards), tops in Division I
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
- Put together a career night against the Rebels
- Recorded 36 carries for 171 yards and four touchdowns – all career-high totals for the redshirt senior
- Averaged 4.8 yards per carry and converted eight first downs to go with his four rushing scores
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.