MOBILE, Ala. – The University of South Alabama men’s and women’s cross country teams will compete in their third meet of the fall this weekend when they participate in the 20th Annual Live in LOU Classic held at EP Tom Sawyer State Park Saturday morning.
The Jaguar men will compete in the Gold Men’s 8k slated to start at 8:30 a.m. (CT), while the women will follow with the Gold 5k race at 9:15 a.m. (CT).
Meet (Host Institution): 20th Annual Live in LOU Classic (Louisville Sports Commission)
Place: EP Tom Sawyer State Park (Louisville, Ky.)
Race Information: Men’s Gold 8k – 8:30 a.m. (CT) | Women’s Gold 5k – 9:15 a.m. (CT)
WOMEN’S – 5K – 40 TEAMS
Appalachian State, Bellarmine, Cedarville, Chattanooga, Cornerstone, DePaul, East Tennessee State, Eastern Illinois, Grand Valley State, High Point, Hope, John Hopkins, Lipscomb, Louisville, Loyola (Ill.), Marquette, Memphis, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi State, Montreat, Oakland, Ohio, Olivet Nazarene, Queens (N.C.), Radford, Roberts Wesleyan, SOUTH ALABAMA, St. Francis (Ill.), Taylor, Tennessee-Martin, UC-Colorado Springs, UNC-Ashville, UNC-Greensboro, UTEP, West Texas A&M, West Virginia, Western Kentucky, Xavier
MEN’S – 8K – 34 TEAMS
Appalachian State, Bellarmine, Chattanooga, Cornerstone, DePaul, Detroit Mercy, East Tennessee State, Eastern Illinois, Grand Valley State, High Point, Lipscomb, Louisville, Loyola (Ill.), Marquette, Memphis, Miami (Ohio), Middle Tennessee, Montreat, New Orleans, Oakland, Ohio, Olivet Nazarene, Queens (N.C.), Roberts Wesleyan, SOUTH ALABAMA, St. Bonaventure, St. Francis (Ill.), Taylor, Tennessee-Martin, UNC-Ashville, UNC-Greensboro, UTEP, West Texas A&M, Wisconsin
AT THE LINE FOR THE JAGUARS
WOMEN’S – 5K
– Meredith Bass (R-Fr., Pelham, Ala.)
– Clervie Chagot (Fr., Bretagne, France)
– Andonet Cheruiyot (Sr., Eldoret Kenya)
– Shaleiya [Shay] Lee (Jr., Bradenton, Fla.)
– Macy Livingston (Fr., The Woodlands, Texas)
– Adele Maguad (So., Martigues, France)
– Emma Tonsberg (Fr., Lemvig, Denmark)
– Abbey Weitenbeck (So., Huntsville, Ala.)
MEN’S – 8K
– Lance Cunigan (So., Kellytown, Ala.)
– Teagan Fanagan (Jr. , Wichita, Kan.)
– Onesmus, Kemboi (Sr., Eldoret Kenya)
– Brandon Knieja (Fr., Pensacola, Fla.)
– Jared Peaslee (Fr., Weaton, Ill.)
– Nate Pudner (Sr., Auburn, Ala.)
– Charlie Slaughter (R-Fr., Birmingham, Ala.)
– Kirami Yego (Fr., Kapenguria, Kenya)
– The meet marks the first for the Jaguars outside Alabama this fall.
– The South Alabama men have recorded a pair of top 3 finishes this season.
– Kirami Yego has been named the Sun Belt Male Runner of the Week following each of the Jags’ meets this season.
– The freshman has also posted a top 5 finish in five of his six career races, placing no lower than 12th in any of those meets.
– Yego has set new personal best each of his two meets this fall. His time of 23:47.39 was the ninth fastest run by a male Jaguar runner in the 8k.
– Yego and Teagan Flanagan have finished as the top two runners for the Jaguar men in each of South’s first two meets this fall. The duo placed inside the top 10 finishing fourth and ninth, respectively, their last time out at the South Region Preview.
– Onesmus Kemboi has finished inside the top 10 in 14 of his 22 career races, while also placing inside the top 15 on 18 occasions during his collegiate career.
– Adele Magaud has paced the Jaguar women in each of her two races. She set a new personal best time in the 5k finishing 17th with a time of 17:28.75, her seventh top 20 finish.
– Her time was tied for the fourth-fastest time run by a female South Alabama runner in the 5k.
– Of the four regular-season meets scheduled this fall for the Jaguars, Live in Lou is the lone one set to be run on a Saturday.
– The EP Tom Sawyer State Park course has served as the site for the 2012, 2015, and 2017 NCAA DI National Championships.
For more information about South Alabama athletics, check back with www.usajaguars.com, and follow the Jaguars at www.twitter.com/WeAreSouth_JAGS. Season tickets for all Jaguar athletic events can be purchased by calling (251) 461-1USA (1872).
Join the Finish Line Club, the track and field and cross country specific support club of the Jaguar Athletic Fund. All donations to the Finish Line Club go directly to support the South Alabama track and field/cross country programs. For more information on how you can join visit: jaguarathleticfund.com/finishlineclub.