Women’s Basketball – Mon, Jan. 25, 2021
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Stillman College women’s basketball returns for the first time since Jan. 9 as it hosts the University of Mobile in Southern States Athletic Conference West Division action Tuesday, Jan. 26. It is the second of four Tuesday night games this season against Mobile, the first at Birthright Alumni Hall.
SERIES: Stillman College (2-6, 2-5 SSAC) vs. University of Mobile (8-3, 4-2 SSAC)
TIME: Tuesday, Jan. 26, 5:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Birthright Alumni Hall – Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Series Record: Mobile, 6-1
De’Asia Marsh started both games at Loyola, leading Stillman with 11 points in each game. She has been Stillman’s leading scorer in the last four games to take the team lead with a 10.75 average through eight games. Despite being held scoreless at Loyola, Brittany Washington is the Tigers’ leading 3-point shooter, hitting 14-of-39 (35.9%). During the previous week, Washington made 11-of-20 3-pointers with five (15 points) at Mobile on Jan. 12. Zikira Williams leads the Tigers with 5.63 rebounds per game. Morgan Collins, who missed the series at Blue Mountain, is second in scoring with 8.2 points per game.
Following tonight, Stillman is currently scheduled for an off weekend, with two SSAC makeup dates scheduled for Jan. 29-30. The Tigers will travel to Mobile on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
University of Mobile, receiving votes in the last NAIA Coaches’ Poll, enters the game following a 2-1 performance at home last week. The Rams upset No. 25 Loyola University, 70-55, last Tuesday, but split a pair of home games to Blue Mountain College. BMC beat Mobile, 60-59, on Friday and Mobile won 66-53 on Saturday.
Claire Worth was the leader in Mobile’s last meeting with Stillman, scoring 17 points off the bench on 85.7% shooting, including a perfect 5-for-5 from 3-point range. Bodino had a double-double 15 points and 10 rebounds, while McDowell also scored 15. Erica Jones contributed 11 points off the bench, as Stillman held the Rams’ leading scorer, Pinera, to five points.
Following tonight’s game, Mobile will travel to Loyola University this weekend for two games. Stillman will travel back to Mobile next Tuesday, Feb. 9.
COVID ATTENDANCE POLICY
– 71 seats will be available to Stillman registered students who have tested negative for COVID-19 during campus testing.
– No outside fans allowed other than these student seats.
– Student sign-up will occur between 10 a.m. CT the day before a game and will be first-come, first-serve until noon on game days.
– Masks must be worn at all times, covering nose and mouth.
– Only seats marked with tape are allowed to be used. These will be located on the side of the gym opposite of team benches.
– Birthright Alumni Hall doors will open 15 minutes before the scheduled game time.
– Entry must occur within 1 hour following the start of the first game (6:30 p.m. on Jan. 26).
– No outside food or drink is allowed. No concessions will be sold.
– Seating in the bleachers behind team benches and the scorer’s table is not permitted except for Stillman College and visiting basketball teams and game staff.
– Failure to comply with this student attendance policy is grounds for removal from the facility.