BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – After producing a win and draw against SEC opponents last week, the Samford women’s soccer team will return to the Samford Track and Soccer Stadium for Senior Day on Sunday, Sep. 12 at 1 p.m. as the Bulldogs host Jacksonville State.
The Bulldogs are coming off an impressive week after claiming a 1-0 victory over Alabama and notching a 1-1 double overtime draw against Ole Miss. With the win and tie, Samford now holds an overall record of 2-2-2 heading into the weekend. Jacksonville State enters competition with a current record of 4-3 after dropping a 2-1 decision to Troy on Thursday night. Samford will also be celebrating four seniors in Sunday’s match against Jacksonville State, including Audrey Kleiman, Alyssa Frazier, Grace Sommi, and Zoe Perrin.
Opponent: vs. Jacksonville State
Date: Sunday, Sep. 12
Location: Birmingham, Ala.
Site: Samford Track & Soccer Stadium.
Time: 1 PM CT
- Samford and JSU have taken the field together 17 times.
- The Bulldogs hold an 11-5-1 advantage in the series.
- In their last meeting, the Bulldogs captured a 2-1 (2OT) victory over the Gamecocks.
BULLDOGS TO WATCH
- Alyssa Frazier is coming off a tremendous week where the senior forward scored her second goal of the season in a 1-0 victory of the University of Alabama. Frazier also found her first assist of the year in a 1-1 (2OT) draw against fellow SEC opponent Ole Miss. Her efforts led her to being named this week’s SoCon Offensive Player of the Week.
- Sophomore Ella Simpson scored her fifth career goal for the Bulldogs against Ole Miss this past Sunday. She found the equalizer in the 61st minute off a corner kick from fellow teammate Alyssa Frazier. Simpson is dominant player for the Samford backline, playing every minute for the Bulldogs so far this season.
- Junior Jennifer Seward recorded her first-career assist in Samford’s 1-0 victory over the Crimson Tide. The holding midfielder played the entirety of the match against the Rebels, while logging a total 500 minutes this season.
JSU QUICK LOOKS:
- Jacksonville State has competed in seven games so far this season, scoring 13 goals and firing off 128 shots with 66 being on frame. The Gamecocks have also tallied nine assists while collecting a total of 26 corner kicks.
- Freshman Nyeemah Beckles leads the offensive front for Jacksonville State with a team-high three goals on the season, finding the back of the net against Jackson State, Alabama State, and Alabama A&M. Senior Alicia Pallister is a key component behind the Gamecock attack with three assists, while logging one goal against Alabama A&M.
FOLLOW THE BULLDOGS:
For the latest news and information on Samford women’s tennis, visit the official website for Samford Athletics at SamfordSports.com. Fans can also follow the Bulldogs on social media at /SamfordSports (Facebook), @SamfordSoccer (Twitter), and @SamfordSoccer (Instagram).