SAN MARCOS, Texas – Alabama volleyball fell to Miami, 3-0, in its weekend finale by set scores of 25-21, 25-19 and 25-18.
Alabama (5-4) trailed Miami (7-0) for the entirety of the first set but scored the first two points of the second to take its first lead. A back-and-forth battle in the second resulted in seven tie scores by the 16-16 mark before the Hurricanes pulled away to win 25-19. Alabama and Miami traded the lead early in the third set, but the Hurricanes closed out the match with a 9-3 run to win, 25-18, and take the match in three sets.
The offense was led by a pair of Texas natives, with Kendyl Reaugh tallying 12 kills and Brooke Slusser pacing the offense with 20 assists. Reaugh also finished the match with a career-high .321 hitting percentage, while the match marked the second 20+ assist performance of Slusser’s freshman campaign. Dru Kuck led the defense with 13 digs, earning All-Tournament team honors along with sophomore middle blocker Chaise Campbell.
- Set 1: Miami 25, Alabama 21
- Set 2: Miami 25, Alabama 19
- Set 3: Miami 25, Alabama 18
- Kendyl Reaugh led the team with 12 kills, her second match in double figures this season, and finished with a career-best .321 hitting percentage
- Brooke Slusser paced the offense with 20 assists, her second match with at least 20 this season
- Chaise Campbell and Dru Kuck were named to the Bobcat Invitational All-Tournament team
Up Next – Bama Bash presented by Hampton Inn (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
- Friday, Sept. 17 vs. Houston – 6 p.m. CT
- Saturday, Sept. 18 vs. Western Carolina – 10 a.m. CT
- Saturday, Sept. 18 vs. Tennessee Tech – 6 p.m. CT