KENNESAW, Ga. – Alabama volleyball fell in three sets to Kennesaw State in Tuesday night’s road matchup.
Alabama (5-2) fell by identical scores of 25-21 to Kennesaw State (4-2) in the first and second sets. The Tide held a late 22-20 lead in the third, looking to extend the match, but the Owls rallied late to win the set, 25-23, and cap the three-set sweep.
Junior setter Emily Janek led the team with 13 assists and 12 digs, tallying her third double-double of the season and ninth of her career. Kennedy Muckelroy and Alyiah Wells both stuffed a team-leading four blocks, marking a season high for Muckelroy. With 10 digs, Dru Kuck has posted double-digit digs in all seven matches this season.
- Set 1: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 21
- Set 2: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 21
- Set 3: Kennesaw State 25, Alabama 23
- Emily Janek’s double-double was the third of the season and ninth of her career
- Kennedy Muckelroy tied a season high with four blocks and led the team with seven kills
- Dru Kuck has posted double-digit digs in all seven matches this season
Up Next – Bobcat Invitational (San Marcos, Texas)
- Friday, Sept. 10 at Texas State – 11 a.m. CT
- Saturday, Sept. 11 vs. Miami – 11:30 a.m. CT