TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama soccer team (3-4-0) will host UAB (1-4-2) on Sunday at 7 p.m. CT at the Alabama Soccer Stadium.
How to Follow
Sunday’s match will be streamed on SEC Network+ through the ESPN app and WatchESPN.com for subscribers of the SEC Network. Links to live scoring and the stream are available at RollTide.com
The Crimson Tide against the Blazers
- The series between the two squads is tied, 7-7-1
- Alabama has come out victorious in the last five contests, scoring nine goals and recording nine shutouts
- The Tide holds a 5-3-1 record at home, winning three of the last five contests in Tuscaloosa
- The two teams first met in 1996 with Alabama winning the first game of the series 4-0
A Look at the Tide
- Twelve players have contributed to the Tide’s offense with eight players scoring at least one goal and six players tallying an assist
- Sophomore midfielder Felicia Knox tallied her second goal of the season in Thursday night’s matchup against No. 6 TCU. She joins Kate Henderson, Leah Kunde and Ashlynn Serepca as the top goal scorers on the team.
- Henderson leads the team in points with six, after earning an assist in the TCU match
- Goalkeepers McKinley Crone and Brooke Bollinger have split time in between the posts for Alabama. Crone has registered 13 saves in seven games and Bollinger has tallied five saves in five games.
- UAB comes into Sunday’s match with a record of 1-4-2
- In the team’s most recent contests, UAB tied Mercer 2-2 and Alabama State 0-0
- This is the second SEC opponent that the Blazers have faced in their 2021 slate. Earlier this month UAB traveled to Auburn, falling 4-1 to the Tigers.
- Midfielder Stella Kiss leads the team in points and goals, earning five points and two goals
- In addition to Kiss, five additional players have scored a goal this season
- Five athletes have notched an assist for the Blazers
- Goalkeeper Eve Beyer has registered nine saves in her four appearances with the squad while Anika Toth has tallied nine saves in her three appearances
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaSoccer on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaSoccer on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.